Carlton Fire District does except donation of houses to burn for training. A representative from the fire district will meet you and look at the house to assess the structure. Do you have a house you would like to donate? Does it meet the following criteria?
- Asbestos must be removed and a test showing nonpresent.
- Sewer Must be blocked off and septic tanks must be marked.
- Power has to be shut off in the house.
- The Meter must be pulled by power company.
- All appliances must be removed from the house.
- House must be cleaned out. (I.e.. furniture, wood stoves, hot water heater, ect..)
- House must have 30 to 50 feet of "defensible space" around it. ( I.e.. the next nearest structure, trees, vehicles, ect..)
- It can't be a manufacture home.
- The neighbors must be in support of it.